Complaints & Dispute Resolution
We always strive to provide you with positive Insurance solutions and service.
If you are ever dissatisfied with the service you have received, we are here to try and resolve the issue promptly and fairly.
As a valued client, we want you to tell us if we have not met your expectations in any way.Set out below is important information on what to do if you have a complaint or dispute and how we will handle the matter.
Making a complaint to us
If you have a concern or complaint, please tell us so that we can look into the matter for you and endeavor to address your concerns. All complaints that cannot be resolved within 3 working days will be treated as a Dispute.
We will refer the matter to our Internal Disputes Resolution (IDR) Manager who will consider and seek to resolve the dispute with you by the earlier of:
- 21 days provided we have all necessary information.
- If more information is required or further investigation is necessary we will advise you of how long we think this process will take and agree a new time frame for responding to you.
- If a later time is agreed, the IDR Manager will keep you informed of progress on a regular basis as is reasonable in the circumstances; and
- such time limits required by law or the relevant ASIC approved external dispute resolutions scheme to which we belong
Our IDR Manager will:
- Advise you of any decision they have reached in writing, including clear reasons for the decision; and
- If we have been unable to resolve a dispute with you through the above process, provide you with information on how you can seek to access the Australia Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) who are the ASIC approved independent external dispute resolution scheme we belong to. This service is free of charge.
As a member of NIBA, BJS are bound by the Insurance Brokers Code of Practise which is also administered by AFCA.
For further details you can visit the AFCA website www.afca.org.au or AFCA can be contacted:
1800 931 678
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001