BJS are now one of the leading brokers for Architects in Australia, specialising in Professional Indemnity insurance, but also able to offer a complete package of accompanying policies for your profession.
A simple error or omission by any architect can lead to claims or allegations that they have breached their professional duties. These allegations can involve not only claims for compensation but also significant legal costs in managing and defending the action. Professional Indemnity insurance is designed to respond to these claims and allegations.
At BJSIB we have many years experience looking after the insurance needs of architects and other professionals.
The policies we can arrange for you provide market leading cover, including:
- Various Limits of Indemnity – choose the level of cover you require, from $1m upwards
- Automatic Reinstatement of the Limit – in the event of a claim, your limit will be automatically reinstated to cover any additional claims during the policy period (up to 5 reinstatements per period available).
- Various Excess Options – choose the level of Excess you would prefer to carry.
- Claims Preparation Costs – cover for the reasonable and necessary preparation costs and expenses of any claim (this is separate to legal defence costs)
- Mitigation Costs – cover for the reasonable and necessary action taken by you to reduce the amount of a potential claim
- Contract Review Service
- Run-off cover available- If you retire, sell or close your practice, you can still be covered in the future for claims resulting from work you did in the past